Saturday, December 22, 2007

An Open Letter to the Moderators

Dear Moderators,

I am really pleased with all the positive changes you have made over the past few months, really I am. However, I feel there are two changes I would like to see and that I feel are needed.

First, I propose extending the throwdown deadline to 48 or 72 hours. I classify myself as being notorious for not finishing arguments in allotted time (sorry Cassidy). Having the deadline there gives you the urge to finish it, but 24 hours is unreasonable in my mind. I've already had to forfeit a turn because I missed the deadline of 9:02 PM. I got home from school, changed to go to band practice, got home from band practice for a minute and then went right back out to a wrestling match at my school. I got home at 9:15 PM. I'm not going to let FanNation get in the way of my social life which is what is being done by this 24 hour deadline. I'd like 48 or 72 hours, but not 24. It's too hard when you have a social life.

Second, I would like to see in-group throwdowns added. The perfect guinea pig would be SIFS. The group is large enough (throwdowns barely even get 32 votes anymore either) to have a sufficient voting base and the members are knowledgeable enough to vote on the cases presented, not on the topic. This would be great for tournaments and for the overall morale of participants in throwdowns who feel that people with no knowledge of the subject are affecting the outcome.

Ah, and I have thought of a third: a shared page thing for throwdowns like there is for blogs. Just a few clicks and its sent to a group instead of tedious copying and pasting. This wouldn't really help the spam problem, but it would help prevent our favorite users such as djroxalot from continually FanMailing us individually to look at his arguments (I never do, btw. Nothing against you though).

So yeah, there's a few possible changes you should look at FanNation. Glad I could be of some help. Don't worry, I won't appoint myself to be an official of anything.

Yours truly,

DJ
DJTG_2010
Dr. Cool

No comments: